Formulate is building a technology platform and a movement to fundamentally change the way personal care products are designed, manufactured & distributed. We are ushering in the "chemist-to-consumer" movement - an end to mass-produced skin, hair, and oral care products, and an eventual new purchasing paradigm in personal care.
We are looking for an organized, disciplined, and business-minded candidate with operational leadership experience to supervise Formulate's production and shipping staff.
This position is responsible for overseeing the production and shipping staff at a company level. Core responsibilities are to manage the production process, shipping output, and staff to ensure that the process is as efficient as possible.
Attention to detail and a focus on quality is a must as we produce a high-volume of customized personal care products.
What would you be doing?
- Supervise day-to-day production & shipping operations and staff
- Work with leadership to set specific production targets and manage team to meet those targets
- Train new hires related to shipping and production
- Schedule shifts for all shipping and production roles
- Work with leadership for staff planning around production & shipping roles
- Ensure environment cleanliness
- Ensure proper handling of returned packages including communication with customer service and proper disposal/donation
- Assist in producing, packing and shipping of products
- Assist with troubleshooting equipment and its documentation.
- Enforce standardized operating procedure (SOP) for all shifts pertaining to shipping and production.
- Update training materials for SOP's that can be distributed to each employee.
What does success look like in this role?
- You have great verbal and written communication
- You have a strong ability to connect with and motivate staff
- You have a strong interest and understanding of Formulate's mission and values
- You are a team player with a professional, upbeat, and positive attitude
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills
- You are a self-motivator
What you would get from Formulate?
- The rare opportunity to join one of the hottest tech-enabled consumer startups with offices in San Francisco and St. Louis
- A collaborative work environment where your input is highly valued
- Competitive compensation