Formulate is building a technology platform and a movement to fundamentally change the way personal care products are designed, manufactured & distributed. We are ushering in the "chemist-to-consumer" movement - an end to mass-produced skin, hair, and oral care products, and an eventual new purchasing paradigm in personal care.
The Head of Customer Experience is the keeper of customer happiness. This individual defines how Formulate engages with its community through support, social media, and community building efforts. They are also at the core of how we surprise and delight customers to keep our loyal friends and bring more into the fold.
The Head of CX leads a multi-faceted day, where decision-making, coaching, critical thinking, communicating, and organizing are crucial qualities to have as an individual with ownership over the Formulate customer experience. As a team-player, the Head of CX will regularly collaborate and liaise with marketing, customer support, chemistry, design, and development teams. This position is unique in that it requires both creative and operational muscle to excel - a healthy balance of art and science.
What would you be doing?
- Lead support team - building and organizing support team processes & training
- Provide clear and compelling vision for CX role in Formulate. Contribute thought leadership on taking customer experience to the next level
- Collaborate internally on new growth initiatives
- Build around Intercom, the central hub for all customer support. Using the tools available and keeping it neat, tidy, and running efficiently
- Routinely monitoring product feedback; communicating findings to the leadership team to better inform product roadmap
- Lead engagement with our community on social media channels as needed: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat Twitter, Reddit, etc.
- Help guide influencer marketing strategy & communication
- Contribute to all phases of creative production - from concept to execution - for multi-channel campaigns and collateral
What does success look like in this role?
- 7+ years of relevant experience in operations, CX, support
- Bachelor's degree is required, MBA/MS preferred
- High EQ and an ability to inspire
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strategic leadership skills with demonstrated ability to work with ambiguity with project and change management skills
- First principles thinking, resulting in an ability to challenge conventional wisdom and re-think all aspects of your role on a regular basis
- Extremely high standards, attention to detail, and a drive for continuous improvement
- Experience in building, scaling, and leading a multi-channel customer service operation. Have hired & grown teams quickly. Strong planning and forecasting skills
- Highly analytical, data-driven thinking that leads the company to focus on outcomes that inflect the trajectory of Formulate
What you would get from Formulate?
- The rare opportunity to join one of the hottest tech-enabled consumer startups with offices in San Francisco and St. Louis
- A collaborative work environment where your input is highly valued
- Competitive compensation and sweet perks like drinks, snacks
- Downtown office at 11th and Olive