Formulate is building a technology platform and a movement to fundamentally change the way personal care products are designed, manufactured & distributed. We are ushering in the "chemist-to-consumer" movement - an end to mass-produced skin, hair, and oral care products, and an eventual new purchasing paradigm in personal care.
We are looking for an energetic, self-starting, candidate with great communication skills and a passion for customer experience. This position is responsible for overseeing customer staff and playing a critical role in elevating Formulate's customer experience as a whole.
What would you be doing?
- Manage day-to-day customer support operations and remote staff as well as perform customer support functions directly
- Work with leadership to set specific performance targets and manage team to meet those targets
- Interview, select, and train new customer support hires
- Manage shifts for all customer support roles
- Be on the front lines of driving our customer experience to the next level (live chat, email, phone, social media, etc.)
- Assist in developing new ways to solve customer problems and improve the customer experience
- Answer inquiries by researching, locating, and clarifying desired information
- Prioritize team's responses and follow-ups based on urgency of request; escalate unresolved issues in a timely manner
What does success look like in this role?
- 3+ years of of customer service experience
- Track record of providing exceptional customer service in a team environment
- Strong computer skills and comfortable navigating multiple systems; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Rigorous attention to detail and organization - you provide a great customer experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- A passion for direct-to-consumer retail and helping others
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and is constantly looking for ways to optimize efficiency
- High level of professionalism and integrity
What you would get from Formulate?
- The rare opportunity to join one of the hottest tech-enabled consumer startups with offices in San Francisco and St. Louis
- A collaborative work environment where your input is highly valued
- Competitive compensation
- Work from home